Okay, some of this news is very new…and some of it has been kicking around in tabs on my browser for a while now, but hasn’t been mentioned here yet. (At least, as far as I’ve noticed.) So, go ahead and get yourself settled with a nice cup of tea. This may take a while to get through.
Tab dump is a go!
- I’m starting off with a rumor from The Sun, because I really want it to be true. It’s The Sun, so you’re mileage may vary…but they’re reporting that David Tennant is engaged to Georgia Moffett, and they are planning to wed on New Year’s Day 2012. Anyone have other news on this topic, that is obviously of international importance?
- In other news that might be relevant to your interests, guess who’s on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson this Thursday? According to the schedule…Alex Kingston! First The Doctor, and now River Song, eh? It makes one wonder who he’ll have next!
- Karen Gillan “cast as Romeo’s time-traveling Companion.” At least, according to the folks at Blastr. I still don’t see it on the IMDB.
- Torchwood News: Worried there will never again be a Doctor Who/Torchwood crossover? Don’t fret; Torchwood recruits another sidekick for Capt. Jack: Mekhi Phifer; Look who’ll play Torchwood’s controversial murdering pedophile (Bill Pullman?).
- Pictures from The Christmas Carol. And also wallpapers.
- A Dalek Snowman?
- Michael Moorcock wrote a Doctor Who tie in! (Who’s next? Orson Scott Card??) The best part, though, is what the BBC wouldn’t let him do with it.
- Did we mention that Doctor Who won an award for Digital effects?
And finally, the BBC version of the series 6 trailer (watch it before it disappears.):
Doctor Who Series 6 Trailer 2011